Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Anna's Flowers Project


I'd been storing my lady stuff in an ugly plastic tub that once held some mushrooms. The brief stated that the end result needed to be beautiful and useful. I decided that my lady products don't need to be in an ugly green plastic tub! 

The lining fabric is a pink and green floral that was left over from another project. I tried to make the lining to fit over the outside but I got the measurements wrong. I chose not to remake it when I realized it didn't fit so I got some chunky cord and made a piped edge to give it some structure instead. 
Then I cut the challenge fabric into strips and sewed them together to form an outer cover.
Lastly, I hand-stitched the flowers onto the outer cover and fit both the outer and the liner onto the new box. 

I recently reorganised and labelled the cupboard under the bathroom sink. It fits perfectly!



4 comments:

  1. Pretty! (and useful!) I love how your lining fabric goes so well with all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tidy cupboard. Piping was a good solution for the lining. I might try that some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the lining fabric and the random swop flowers fit together so well! You are inspiring me to organize my cupboards, too!! The little butterfly is tucked into just the right spot. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen such a tidy 'under the sink'cupboard!! Fabulous!
    But more importantly your basket looks great all of the flowers work so well together and SO much prettier than a green plastic tub!!

    ReplyDelete