Thursday, June 23, 2011

flower bag

I made this bag, inspired by my garden, at a workshop. I forgot my camera so I've no photos of progress, but I started by selecting two complimentary fabrics and then played around with small pieces of fabric to make the design which was machined into place. A small amount of stitching was then added for extra interest. It was finished by adding a lining ,a leather strap and a leather tie. It is fairly small, but just about big enough for essentials like money, keys and glasses.

2 comments:

  1. I love the bag, Lesley! The petal shapes are so delicate and the colours fun. I also love leather handles -- makes the bag very elegant! I'm envious of your three fresh eggs a day, that must be so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the little extra splashes of red. And the raw-edge is great!

    ReplyDelete